Consulting Services for the Supervision of Technical document related to a Solar Power Plant
Detailed description of the project
The Client has been prequalified for the design, financing, construction, operation and maintenance of stage I of KSA Renewable Energy Project (“Project”) with capacity of fifty megawatts peak (100 MWp).
The purpose of this project is to provide technical adviser services for this bidding project.
Services provided by the legal entity of the project
Site Selection Report
- Preliminary evaluation of the selected sites to determine the best site for a 100 MWp photovoltaic (“PV”). The evaluation shall be based on technical characteristics of the sites such as solar resource availability, distance form grid station/transmission line, wind, site accessibility, land type, climate conditions, probability of flash floods, etc. Technical data such as solar resource and climate data can be sourced from NASA, Metonom, HelioClim, SolarGIS, sources in KSA including but not limited to metrological departments and universities etc. The aim is initial assessment of potential sites for the Project.
- Report for ranking of selected sites by weighted scoring method for technical characteristics of sites. The report shall explain the technical reasons for selection of a particular site and its preference over other sites.
- Preparation of RFP shall include technical requirements for PV module such as, but not limited to, power tolerance, output guarantees, tests, and certifications, degradation, PID free modules, max voltage levels, scope of work, testing commissioning, etc.
- Performance comparison between PV and technologies for the selected site. The Adviser shall assist in selecting best technology on basis of annual electricity generation, performance ratio, specific generation, area requirements and typical degradation over twenty (20) years. The Adviser shall also explain benefits and the negatives of each technology for the selected site.
- Comparison of annual energy generation figures for preferred PV panels. Optimum plant layout and arrangement of solar field to be established in initial design recommendation. Estimation of cleaning cycles and annual water requirements, degradation estimates, etc.