Solar Energy Research Centre (Saudi Arabia)
Detailed description of the project
Realization of a full Proposal for the establishment of a National Solar Energy Research Centre at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) to solar energy technologies development. The centre was mainly focused on PV and Desalination processes and the study included the full definition of needed equipment and infrastructures and the considered most adequate structural and operational organization.
The project also included the definition of needed specifics facilities, manpower and budget resources during the 5 initial years of life of the centre.
Services provided by the legal entity of the project
- Full project execution as international consultancy company
- Training on Renewable Energy Policy Framework and International Benchmark
- Generate basic and applied knowledge on processes and technologies related with the use of solar radiation
- Promote technology transfer and technology development.
- Promote commercialization of developed technologies.
- Provide Training opportunities that will satisfy the future needs of skilled workforce in the solar energy systems technologies.
- Promote strong industrial relationship and international collaborations.
- Provide Consultation in the area of solar thermal and solar PV energy engineering
- Promote public awareness about the need for and advantages of solar technologies.